Wednesday, May 13, 2009

1150

So today i had a progress report at school and I'm at 1150 hours. Only 850 more!!! YES I can't wait. So I had orginally planned to move to Boise when I was done with school but now I don't know. (Stop freaking julia). Here's why. There is a girl at my school who is going to go and work on a cruise ship in september and I have ALWAYS wanted to do that. I guess the thing that always held me back was because I just thought that it wasn't really feasable. Well now that I know that it is and I have done some research I'm thinking about doing it.I would be out to sea for 8 months at least, I'd have to sign a contract, and then I would move to Boise probably. So I don't know what I want to do now. The other good thing is that I wouldn't have to pay for ANYTHING. The cruise line flies you out there probably to florida or wherever and board and food....FREE! The only expenses that I would have would be little trinkets that I find and buy. Which would probably be my whole paycheck. So anyway....I've got some seriously huge desicions to make here pretty soon.

Here's the other thing about my progress report. I had a small heart attack because I though oh. my.gosh. I am on the downward slope of school. When I started people were telling me once you hit 1000 hours time is going to fly and you'll never want to miss school. Well that is partially true. I didn't really ever want to miss school inthe first place. Even if I take a day 'off' I'm still at school for a leat part of it. The time is flying and I feel like i still have SO much to learn! Ok here is the perfect example. yesterday we had a 3 hour class on how to shampoo the hair. While most people see this process : Step one. wet hair. step two lather. step three repeat if necessary. Not the case for me. Which is how it should be. I learned different ways to make the soap lather, different massaging techniques, how to properly apply conditioner, and my personaly favorite how to do a neck rub while getting your hair washed!!! Let me tell you...AMAZING! You'll just have to come in and see what it feels like. Ok so back to my original point. We learned on like day 2 how to shampoo. Now that I am 7 months into it I learned again how to shampoo and I am sure that in another 1000 hrs I could learn an even better shampoo technique. I guess this is what I love about my job. I will always be learning something else something new and trendy. Also I like people feeling good after I'm done with them.

So I guess that's all you get today! Come see me at school cause I loathe working on my doll head. Oh yeah and I'm there saturdays now, all day!

4 comments:

Leanne said...

That's pretty awesome Nellie... you are on the downward slope! I bet that feels so good. The cruise ship sounds like fun... but 8 months on a ship? that's kinda long!
In July you'll have to give me that shampoo massage!

NelliePrice said...

oh i will. it's fabulous!!

Julia said...

not freaking, hating. i have ALWAYS wanted to go work on a cruis ship. LUCKY! Alex is the one who is mad.

Unknown said...

Hey- glad you found us! We will start following your blog now!