Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm new at this...


So obviously I am new at this seeing as how this is my first real post. I feel like I am so un-cool up until this point because I didn't have a personal blog. To be totally honest. I am not sure how I feel about typing up emotions and my to-do lists on the internet so we will see how this goes and I will decide from there.


So first off, I am currently attending Austin kade Academy. It is a cosmotology school with an emphasis on business practices, esthetican work and of course hair. Let me tell you why I am so excited about this: 1. I get to go to school everyday and finally not feel tortured to be there becuas I just get to make people look smoking hot! AWESOME! 2. for the 6 months leading up to when I would start it was freaking me about because it was my goal that I wouldn't have to take out a loan for it at all ($11500). Well thank goodness that I pay my tithing otherwise, who knows if I would have been able to do it! Make a long story short after a scholarship (which only 10 people got!!! GO ME!) and paying on time so an additional discount, I only ended up paying 8700. Wow..writing that check was horrible but so great at the same time! 6 months of hard work all on one check! It was rough! So anyway I am learning so much at school and I can start taking appointments soon so that is going tobe great when I can do that so that I can really be doing what I want to. So keep me in mind for when you need your hair colored or cut or if you need any other services...pedicure perhaps? also I have to wear all neutral colors so thanks to Macy's for getting me used to wearing all black...ALL the time. Some of these girls are not the best dressers in the world and I would like to tell them but they just don't seem to care so much!(that pic up top is our school logo. I'll try and get pictures of me at school)


Other than that.... I am not working right this moment because I wanted to get accustomed to actually going to school (yeah college wasn't so great for me on that) and just seeing what my work load was going tobe like before I found a job. So I am currently working let me know if you see anything out there for me! Plus I have a pretty intense church calling. I am the activities director and we have activities every week as well as a larger one once a month or so plus any of the pod activities that are done. So I stay pretty busy!


Stay tuned for more!

4 comments:

Leanne said...

Nellie.... you never told us about the cool blog... sorry, I'll probably check it out quite often. Can I add you to my friend's list.
Oh, I even went to a fireside the other night where Elder Ballard told us to have blogs. (he wants us to promote Prop 8 here in Cali, that's to keep a marriage between a man and a women, I still need to promote it more on my blog!) Anyway, good work on the cute blog.

NelliePrice said...

oh thankyou!! I just started it and I haven't quite figured it out yet. I have tried to be a follower or what not to your blog but I don't know how to tell people that I have a blog. Weird.

Leanne said...

I know what you mean... but so many people have blogs and it's fun to hop from blog to blog... But it is sort of weird to put your life out there. Go to your customize button and you can add all sort of cool gadgets... like music and stuff. You can add a list of blogs you follow as well... any questions... i'd be glad to help... keep posting about your new adventure. I'm so excited for you. Wish I were there and you could experiment on my hair... you know how I like changing it.

CaraNathan said...

good for you! Hair school takes forever!!